Saturday, June 25, 2011

First week

PA school makes my head hurt. Literally. I race home for lunch every day, starving for some brain food that I hope will eliminate the ache inside my noggin caused by excessive cramming. I'm happy to say that it actually helps, too. This salad worked a miracle to get me through the second half of Friday:


Later, after spending two hours in lab playing hide-and-seek with some very elusive veins, arteries and nerves, I was all too happy to go out for dinner and drinks with a few classmates. Marietta has the coolest little wine cellar where you can drink your fill of homemade wine and enjoy the musical talents of a live band. [Strangely enough, they also serve the most delicious popcorn with their wine. That was definitely a first....] It felt good to put aside the stress of memorizing every intricate detail about human anatomy to share a few laughs about our awkward experiences in health care. By the end of the night, I was a very happy camper, indeed.


But now Friday night is over and the plan for today is to study, study, study. I haven't even started but I'm already looking forward to the scheduled breaks to play Tarzan on the rope swing at 1:00 and ultimate frisbee at 7:00. Wish me luck!

1 comment: