Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Call me old fashioned

I've made a lot of jokes in the past year about my rapid transformation into being an old woman. Maybe it's because I spent a lot of time with elderly people, but I'd like to think I've actually started to figure things out. Like the fact that I really, really like a gentleman, for example. Someone who respects a woman's dignity and calls her "beautiful" instead of "hot." Someone who opens doors and walks on the road-side of the sidewalk. Someone like Mr. Darcy, for example.

Oh, Mr. Darcy....

Sadly, now that I'm a grown-up, this poster no longer
hangs on my wall....but it's still my favorite :)

And I can't help but love this quote from Easy A....even if the movie itself was highly questionable:

Whatever happened to chivalry? Does it only exist in 80's movies? I want John Cusack holding a boombox outside my window. I wanna ride off on a lawnmower with Patrick Dempsey. I want Jake from Sixteen Candles waiting outside the church for me. I want Judd Nelson thrusting his fist into the air because he knows he got me. Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie, preferably one with a really awesome musical number for no apparent reason.  

 

Unfortunately, a gentleman in today's society is pretty hard to come by, but I know now that they're definitely worth waiting for :)

No comments:

Post a Comment