Sunday, June 12, 2011

Belated events

Saying goodbye to my residents...

...was hard. Over the past year, my residents and their families have become an important part of my life. I knew I needed more than a quick goodbye as I walked out the door. So during my final week of work, I visited the homes of family members and spent nearly six hours saying goodbye to my residents at the home. For the first time, I was able to sit and talk with them without interruption. I also received a quick lesson on the steel guitar at Don's house (Don is the man who gave me my guitar). Let me tell you, those things are crazy! There are three pedals for your left foot, a volume pedal for your right foot, four different knee levers, plus picking and muting the strings! Holy cow, I now have a great appreciation for steel guitar players! Here's a short video of him playing the acoustic guitar he gave me:


Leaving Amy...

...was also hard. I'ts going to be an adjustment not living with her after these five years. But she, Alison and Janay made it a little easier by surprising me with a going-away party...on Amy's birthday nonetheless! We painted pottery (Alison is pretty amazing at this btw), went out for dinner and then had skype dates with Anna and Katie. I have the best friends ever!

Now I'm all moved in to my new home in Marietta! It will be weird living so far away from everyone, but I get the impression that I'm going to be too busy studying to worry about it too much, haha. Pictures and videos to come!

1 comment:

  1. You are too sweet!! But I agree when you say you have the best friends ever...me too!! :) ps. Don singing and playing was so cute!

    ReplyDelete