Friday, October 8, 2010

Choctoberfest


In honor of the wonderful month of October, Mongolian BBQ has jumped on the German bandwagon with their new promotion, bd's Mongo Okto: Oktoberfest 2010! This is exciting because....along with serving Sam Adam's delicious Octoberfest (so good! once it hits your lips! it's so good) and excessive amounts of schweinbraten, sausage and sauerkraut......we have CHOCTOBER! YUM!

What is Choctober, you ask? Well it's only the most incredibly fudgy, chocolatey goodness ever! The one unfortunate thing about it is that it's only served as a mini. (If you haven't been to Mongo recently to know what a mini is, just imagine one of Applebee's "shooters" and you'll get the picture). Therefore the Choctober is just simply NOT big enough! Can I get a Choctober in a Big Brownie bowl, please? With some ice cream and extra fudge on top, too? YES PLEASE!

So. Instead of honoring October by drinking beer and eating sausage per the traditional Oktoberfest, I have decided to make my own celebration and I'm calling it Choctoberfest. Therefore, for all you chocoholics out there, we now have a justification for our addiction this month. I have already begun celebrating by eating excessive amounts of mini Butterfinger bars - I just so happened to stumble upon a bag that an unlucky customer dropped in the parking lot of Meijer (yeah, I picked it up....don't judge). This was after I fell for the buy-3-get-2 candy bars for free advertisement in the check-out isle.....

Maybe next month I'll come to terms with my problem and enter a rehab program....but as long as it's Choctoberfest, I'm going to live everyday to the chocolately fullest.

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHA! You picked up a bag of candy in a parking lot?!?! Kate, we need to talk... :)

    ReplyDelete