Monday, January 30, 2012

My greatest invention!

As lunchtime was drawing nearer and nearer, my mind began to wander (surprise, surprise) on what I was going to make for lunch today. I took a mental inventory of the ingredients in my nearly-bare cupbord....tuna, spinach, bell peppers, celery, tortilla shells and a few other odds and ends. So I had the idea....what about a tuna burrito?! "Genius idea, Kate!" I said to myself. But I knew I didn't want the classic tuna...relish, mustard, mayo....boring. So here's what I came up with (measurements are not exact...I just dumped):

3 oz tuna
2-3 tbs mayo
celery
raisins
curry powder
1/4 tsp. ginger
1/4 tsp. minced garlic
dash of cinnamon
dash of ground cloves
splash of lemon juice

Mix it up, slap it on a tortilla and top with cheese, wrap into a burrito and bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes and VOILA! Pure deliciousness! Best experiment, ever! Try it!

[I ate it too fast to take a picture. So, maybe next time...]

1 comment:

  1. Hmm... This sounds like a lovely idea for the Super Bowl!! And Congrats on the Air Force!!

    Andrew

    ReplyDelete