Wednesday, February 9, 2011

God is good!

Wow. I don't even know where to start!

Praise God for answered prayers! For forgiveness, peace, joy, hope, lessons learned....and a renewed spirit!

In the last few days and weeks God has proved his faithfulness over and over, bringing healing to my soul and a renewed energy to serve Him. I have been accepted to PA school, Amy booked her ticket to Haiti, a friend came to Christ, and a broken relationship has been mended. Hallelujah! Things are looking up! And I'm ready for action!

I was reflecting on my time in Okemos last night. To this point, it may not have been the most enjoyable, but I am so thankful that I am here. First, and most importantly, I have Amy Luke. She has been my biggest support these last six months and, although we have been roommates for five years, I feel like I have learned more from her friendship now than ever before. She is such an amazing woman of God with so much love and wisdom to share. I have been blessed to live with her for so long, and thank God because I think her rational brain is finally starting to rub off on my not-so-rational one!
Second, I have been learning patience. For the first time in my life, I'm not in a rush! I've been a sprinter all my life, but I'm now starting to enjoy life at a slower pace :)
Third, I love my residents and have learned so much by working with them. I only hope that I can bring them as much joy as they do to me.

So now that I only have three months left here, I am going to do my best to take advantage of every moment. I am going to be a better friend, a better worker, and a more adamant witness for Christ.

I was reading Micah today and was humbled by his reaction to the sins of the Israelites:

 "Because of this I will weep and wail; I will howl like a jackal and moan like an owl." - 1:8

How many friends do we have that do not know Jesus, yet do we ever weep and wail for their soul? Howling like a jackal and moaning like an owl? And if you're like me, maybe you pray for some and forget about the others? I have failed them. So today I will be better. Like Pastor Kevin DeYoung preached the other week, I will do better to place a pebble in someone's shoe. Then I will pray and hope that someday they will take that annoying little pebble (that nagging thought about Jesus) out of their shoe and examine it.

So anyway! GOD IS GOOD!

AMEN!

2 comments:

  1. I love you daughter! (((hugs))) Too bad I didn't have the wisdom that you have now when I was your age. Thanks for listening to God! Keep up the good work!

    Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God! I'll never let you forget, if you never let me forget, that God is always faithful. Praise God for increased faith! I LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete