Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Blue Valentine


Although the trailer gives absolutely no hints about the plot of this movie, I have to admit that I am ridiculously excited to see it for 2 reasons: 

1. Ryan Gosling. Before I explain why I love Ryan Gosling, I must first tell you about my infatuation with The Notebook. This is a love born before it even reached motion pictures, since The Notebook was my favorite book by Nicholas Sparks. I remember numerous times throughout high school when I would stay up all night reading/crying my head off over the love between Noah and Allie. Being the hopeless romantic that I am, I have forever since dreamed of a man like Noah and the passionate, crazy love that he had for Allie. It wasn't at all rational.....but I've never really been a fan of rational, myself. So that being said, I was pretty much destined to fall in love with Ryan Gosling when he played the role of Noah in the movie. He was perfect....and I expect nothing less of him in Blue Valentine....whatever it may be about.

2. Ryan's character plays the UKULELE! I have recently become a ukulele fiend, where nearly all of my free time is spent practicing. It brings me so much joy....especially when I take it to the assisted living home and play for my residents. Watching them listen to me is one of the rare moments that I get to see a light in their eyes and a smile on their faces. I try to be good for them. I love the ukulele.

So if there's anyone else out there who loves Ryan Gosling and ukuleles....hit me up and we can catch dinner and a movie!

1 comment:

  1. Seen it. Hope you don't mind your boy Gosling when he is balding and a drunk.

    ReplyDelete