Monday, December 13, 2010

Learning to love

"There is no remedy for love but to love more"

- Henry David Thoreau

This may sound silly, but I have been bothered by the fact that all of my recent posts have been quite shallow and insignificant. I have adequately covered the "laughter," but where is the love and holiness? I feel that this is a reflection of my heart. For the past four-ish months, my passion for living has been a little lackluster (to say the least). Instead of living life to the fullest with my usual optimism, I have turned into a robot - simply "getting through" each day and holding on to the little things that bring momentary happiness.....like chocolate and crazy elderly people, for example.

But however difficult it has been, I am thankful for these last couple of months because I finally feel like I am learning patience. Instead of moving in the wrong direction simply for the sake of moving, I am happy with going nowhere in the right direction. I've stopped losing sleep from thinking about the future and I am content with my life....even if it hasn't gone at all like I had planned.

And more and more recently I can feel God calling me to be more....and that patience isn't the only lesson that God has in store for me.

I believe it has started with my wonderful puppy, Gabbie, who is teaching me how to love again. Another motivation is a recent family crisis that has reminded me of the sacristy of human life. That we are made in God's image. For a purpose. And that his plans for his children are much greater than our own. I pray that God will ignite a fire in my heart that will consume me from the inside out....and that he would remedy love with more love, and teach me to have joy in all circumstances.


2 comments:

  1. I love you, and I love this post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same Katie! You will get through it. There are great things to come :)

    ReplyDelete