Sunday, December 19, 2010

Dear Paul

"For I am already poured out like a drink offering, and the time has come for my departure. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award me on that day - and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing."

2 Timothy 4: 6-8

I really love Paul. I love his faith and his furious, unfailing, passion to spread the Gospel of Christ. To me, he is the perfect example of a loyal servant of God.  I can't even begin to fathom all the suffering he endured for the name of Christ.....yet he never let the world get the best of him (or the worst of him, I suppose). Paul lived for a purpose every single day - and he always brought glory to God.

Many times, Paul's life has given me courage.

But then there are other times, like now, that Paul has scared the living crap out of me. If this is my example of a good and faithful servant....one who can confidently say, "I have fought the good fight"....then what does that make of me, when most days I fail to even pray or open my Bible? 

"Faith without works is dead"....so it's time to be poured out!

No comments:

Post a Comment