Monday, May 23, 2011

Knee deep in the water somewhere

After working in a restaurant since I was 15 years old, I am delighted to say that my last day at Mongolian Grill, as well as my last day serving tables EVER, came and went last Friday. I can't even begin to explain how wonderful it feels to say that! A chapter of my life has officially ended and I'm about to start a new one as a PA student, but during this short intermission between chapters, I am taking advantage of every moment. Carpe diem! Seize the day!

Before I share what I did on my first day of freedom, I  have to tell you about a childhood dream of mine. It stems from my love of the water and the many weekends spent at our family's lake cottage up north. Our neighbors up there used to have a very enthusiastic springer spaniel that was absolutely crazy about fetching sticks off the dock....so naturally, I was crazy about him. Since then, I have always wanted a dog that loves the water just as much as I do and would leap off the dock to fetch his or her prized stick. Well, after a lifetime of dogs that don't like to swim, I finally have Gabbie....and she loves the water! So on my first day of freedom, I took her to my grandparent's pond for a swim. It was her first time swimming in anything other than the swamp behind my parents house so she's got some learning to do, but someday I'm determined that she'll look like this! (minus the boy-dog parts)


My second day of freedom was just as much fun. I played tennis with my amazing dad for two hours, followed by a trip to the lake with Gabbie for some more swimming and then finished up with an awesome home-cooked dinner. Yummm.

On my third day of freedom (don't you just want to end this by singing: "my true love gave to me..!"), my parents and I spent the morning kayaking through the lakes and channels near our house. The water was perfectly calm and there wasn't a cloud in the sky. It was perfect.


I think I could get used to this.....

No comments:

Post a Comment